At the intersection of I-75 and University Parkway
Gross Leasable Area
Mall Tenant Space
Saks Fifth Avenue:
80,000 square feet
180,000 square feet
160,000 square feet
About The Mall at University Town Center
- The Mall at University Town Center will be the dominant upscale shopping and dining destination serving Sarasota and the surrounding coastal communities.
- Opening on October 16, 2014, The Mall at University Town Center will offer a compelling assortment of merchandise that is not available in the area today. The majority of the shops and restaurants will be new to the market including BRIO Tuscan Grille, The Capital Grille, The Cheesecake Factory, Kona Grill, and Seasons 52.
- This affluent market lacks a competitively dominant, upscale, point-of-difference super regional shopping destination and The Mall at University Town Center will offer the best-in-class in all merchandise categories to fill the void between Tampa and Naples.
- Each year, Sarasota County welcomes 4.5 million visitors who spend nearly $2 billion. In addition, more than 125,000 seasonal residents with an average household income of $150K stay in the University Town Center’s trade area from October until June.
- Sarasota is known as the cultural center of Florida’s Gulf Coast, with its own orchestra, ballet company, opera, 10 live theaters, 30 museums and art galleries, and over 250 charity events annually – there are over 750 opportunities to “dress” every year.
- The Mall at University Town Center is surrounded by affluent gated golf club communities at the most heavily traveled interchange in the trade area (I-75 and University Parkway), which offers regional access to the entire trade area and beyond.
- Our intersection is already a major retail destination; it is the center of the retail universe in Sarasota, generating over $500 million in sales annually.
- The Bradenton-Sarasota metro area is home to over 40 corporate headquarters and over 200,000 white-collar employees within 10 miles of center, with a diverse base of employment.
- The population growth in the trade area for 2010-2015 is 10%, with the highest income households growing at the fastest rate, those earning over $100K per year are growing upwards of 33%.
- The Sarasota housing market is booming – 351 homes over $1 million sold in 2013, up 10.4% over 318 in 2012.
2015 Average Household Income at Lakewood Ranch
2015 $100K+ Households
2010 Seaonal Residents
2010 Seaonal Residents Average Household Income